Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Better than PORN sites?!



----------------------------------------

Shocked?! The word 'PORN' is such a head-turner, right?! So I used it HAHA! OK here are the results of my effortless research...Have a glimpse of reality checked!

Top Social Media Sites (ranked by unique worldwide visitors November, 2008; comScore)

1. Blogger (222 million)
2. Facebook (200 million)
3. MySpace (126 million)
4. Wordpress (114 million)
5. Windows Live Spaces (87 million)
6. Yahoo Geocities (69 million)
7. Flickr (64 million)
8. hi5 (58 million)
9. Orkut (46 million)
10. Six Apart (46 million)
11. Baidu Space (40 million)
12. Friendster (31 million)
13. 56.com (29 million)
14. Webs.com (24 million)
15. Bebo (24 million)
16. Scribd (23 million)
17. Lycos Tripod (23 million)
18. Tagged (22 million)
19. imeem (22 million)
20. Netlog (21 million)

*source: www.techcrunch.com



Top 10 List Most Viewed Websites

1.) Facebook.com
Facebook is a social network created to connect people. First made popular by college and high school students, Facebook is used today by people of all ages. Sign up for a free account and start uploading photos and writing notes. You can also visit other Facebook user pages and get news and insight into a variety of topics. Once you register, you'll be able to search for old friends and connect online or seek out new friends.

2.)Google.com
3.)Hi5.com
4.)Live.com
5.)MSN.com
6.)MySpace.com
7.)Orkut.com
8.)Wikipedia
9.)Yahoo.com
10.)YouTube.com

*source: www.lovetoknow.com


Haha! I was so surprised seeing this. I was expecting this but what got my attention was how social networking websites have dominated the lists! Facebook was the topnotcher! (Whew! Good thing I am already signed in facebook or else I am SO left out)

For years, Friendster.com was the one I have been using...since elementary! And I have understood that most Filipinos are also in to it. But lately, I am receiving text mesages, seeing bulletins and reading notes that says...

"guys, add me up on friendster, facebook, multiply, twitter and myspace!"

Like what?! They could've asked me to google them or search their name on yahoo and it might've appeared considering that they have inhabited many...no...A LOT of websites! I was intrigued and somehow curious. So last month, I started a bigger journey in the net. I signed up on the websites that was mentioned. What caught me off-guard was how I became hooked at them (to be more specific Facebook and Multiply)!

Wow! They did deserve such prestige! Now here I am sharing to you how mesmerized I am that billions of people are so addicted to social networking websites! Haha! It was kinda unbelievable that there are no porn sites mentioned on the list becuase I...I mean...many of my friends visit them. Friends not me! Haha...!

Take a look at the top 10 list of most viewed websites. I think 7 out of the 10 are social networking websites. So what does it mean?! Does it mean that many people have very low social life in the real world that they look for friends in the these websites? Oh HELL NO! You want to know the real and obvious reason?! We're in the 20th century! We're starting the cyber-generation! It only means that a great number of people in the world have internet access and that signing up in these websites is just a piece of cake! Wow, isn't it?!

Imagine just 10 years from now...I can see myself being able to meet 4.2 billion people in the world through internet! Whenever I will send a GM (group message dummy), thousands of people will be hearing from me! Imagine that?!

TRIVIA: Did you know that what led me here in blogspot.com was multiply.com! Nyahaha...see how it works it's magic?!

So JAM's Exclamation Point of View...
on fast-growing social networking websites is...
"Add me on friendster, facebook, twitter and multiply: andrewjames12@yahoo.com!"
HAHA!


---------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment